Institute of Information Science,
Office: 2406 Room, IIS, Academia Sinica
Phone: +886-27883799 ext 2454
Cell Phone: +886-0983909837
Mail Address: 新北市中和區連城路263巷25號2F
- 自然語言處理(Natural Language Processing)
- 計算語言學(Computational Linguistics)
- 機器學習與資料探勘(Statistical Machine Learning and Data Mining)
- 語音辨識(Speech Recognition)
- 電腦視覺處理(Computer Vision Processing)
- Professional Courses
- 網路資訊探勘與搜尋引擎 (Web Data Mining and Search Engines)
- 資訊檢索 (Introduction to Information Retrieval)
- 人工智慧 (Artificial Intelligence)
- 語音辨識 (Speech Recognition)
- Foundation Courses
- 網頁程式設計與資料庫 (Web Programming and Database Development: JavaScrip, JSP, Ajax, jQuery, and MySQL)
- 資料結構與演算法 (Data Structures and Algorithms: VC, C++ and Java)
- 人機互動介面設計 (Human-computer Interaction with Mobile Phones and Services: Web and Android)
- 作業系統(Operating Systems)
Honors and Awards Meetings Attended
- Web Intelligence (WI-09), Milano, Italy (2009)
- European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR-08), Glasgow, Scotland (2008)
- International Joint Conference on NLP, Hyderabad (IJCNLP-08), Hyderabad, India (2008)
- Web Intelligence (WI-06), Hongkong, China (2006)
- Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL-06), Sydney, Australia (2006)
- Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC-06), Genova, Italy (2006)
- Conference on Computational Linguistics and Speech Processing (ROCLING-05), Taipei, Taiwan (2005)
- Teaching C++ Programming Language \ 台大資訊系統訓練假日班 (2011/5-2012/1)
Teaching Java Programming Language \ 台大資訊系統訓練假日班 (2004/11-2005/1)
- Ming-Shun Lin joins Auto-quiz Lab and working with Dr. Meng-Chang Chen at Academia Sinica as a postdoctoral fellow in November 2010 to present.
He received his bachelor's degree in Mathematics from the Tamkang University and received his master's degree in Computer Science from the National Cheng Kung University in 1995 and 1999, respectively. After serving in AIIA Lab and working as a full-time research assistant for a year and half , he went to the department of Computer Science & Engineering at the National Taiwan University at Taiwan for his doctoral study.
He did his research issue on measuring semantic similarity between two noun-phrases using search engines at NLP (Natural Language Processing) Lab, with Dr. Hsin-Hsi Chen.
- Yu-Chuan Wei, Ming-Shun Lin and Hsin-Hsi Chen* (2010). “A Cascaded Classification Approach to Disambiguating Polysemous Mentions with Social Chains.” Expert Systems with Applications, 37:5404-5414. (SCI)
- Ming-Shun Lin (2009). "A Study on Web-based Relatedness Measure and Its Applications on Community Chain Detection and Query Suggestion." Ph. D. Dissertation, Department of Computer Science andInformation Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Ming-Shun Lin and Hsin-Hsi Chen (2009). “A Web-Based Relatedness Measure by Conditional Query.” In Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence, pp. 516-523. (Acceptance rate 0.16 as regular papers, 55 of 343 submissions) (Top 16th conference in AI/ML, IF=0.82)
- Ming-Shun Lin and Hsin-Hsi Chen (2008). “Labeling Categories and Relationships in an Evolving Social Network.” In Proceedings of the 30th European Conference on Information Retrieval, pp. 77-88. (Acceptance rate 0.23 as regular papers, 33 of 139 submissions)
- Hung-Chi Huang, Ming-Shun Lin and Hsin-Hsi Chen (2008). “Analysis of Intention in Dialogues Using Category Trees and Its Application to Advertisement Recommendation.” In Proceedings of the Third International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing, pp. 625-630. (Acceptance rate 0.23 as short papers, 266 submissions)
- Yu-Chuan Wei, Ming-Shun Lin, and Hsin-Hsi Chen (2006). “Name Disambiguation in Person Information Mining.” In Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence, pp. 378-381. (Acceptance rate 0.37 as short papers, 347 submissions)
- Hsin-Hsi Chen, Ming-Shun Lin and Yu-Chuan Wei (2006). “Novel Association Measures using Web Search with Double Checking.” In Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Computational Linguistics and the 44th annual meeting of the ACL, pp. 1009-1016. (Acceptance rate 0.23 as regular papers, 145 of 630 Submissions) (Top 9th conference in AI/ML, IF=0.90)
- Ming-Shun Lin and Hsin-Hsi Chen (2006). “Constructing a Named Entity Ontology from Web Corpora.” In Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, pp. 1450-1453.
- Ming-Shun Lin, Chia-Ping Chen and Hsin-Hsi Chen (2006). “An Approach of Using the Web as a Live Corpus for Spoken Transliteration Name Access.” International Journal of Computational Linguistics and Chinese Language Processing, 11(3):183-200.
- Ming-Shun Lin, Chia-Ping Chen, and Hsin-Hsi Chen (2005). “An Approach of Using the Web as a Live Corpus for Spoken Transliteration Name Access.” In Proceedings of 17th ROCLING Conference, pp. 361-370.
- Wen-Cheng Lin, Ming-Shun Lin and Hsin-Hsi Chen (2004). “Cross-Language Image Retrieval via Spoken Query.” In Proceedings of RIAO : Coupling Approaches, Coupling Media and Coupling Languages for Information Retrieval, pp. 524-536.
- Jen-Tzung Chien* and Ming-Shun Lin (2000). “Frame-Synchronous Noise Compensation for Hands-Free Speech Recognition in Car Environments.” IEE Proceedings – Vision, Image and Signal Processing, 147(6): 508-515. (SCI, EI)
- Ming-Shun Lin (1999). "Frame-synchronous Noise Compensation for Hands-free Speech Recognition in Car Environments." Master Thesis, Department of Computer Science andInformation Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Jen-Tzung Chien and Ming-Shun Lin (1999). "音框同步之雜訊補償方法在汽車語音辨識之應用." In Proceedings of Research on Computational Linguistics Conference. pp. 239-251.